Monday, March 28, 2011

What I Finished for Monday, a 18 inch Flower rag cloth doll

Today I have been busy crafting away! I just finished this rag cloth doll and wanted to share it which is kind of funny because yesterday and today I have just been as sick as can be but yet I felt like crafting a little later today. In fact I think its the flu bug coming back around on me, had once now seems like I am getting again dang it.
The doll pattern is from an old Butter wick pattern of different flower dolls this one is a rose flower doll but I decided to do her a tiny bit different, instead of using a solid color for the petals I went with a dark plaid rose instead; the facial features are designed by me instead of using beads or buttons for eyes. I painted the facial features using acrylic paints and adding powdered blush to the cheeks. The doll is made from muslin and filled with fiber fill, the dress is cotton fabrics. I have also added some gold colored yarn for a bit of hair, which is sewn into the head of the doll using a very heavy quilting thread. I have also sewn the flower hat into the doll so her little hat does not come off she was lots of fun to create. I kind thought it was time to start doing some spring time crafting and what better way than to create some flower rag cloth dolls, I will add her to the Art fire store in a few days.


Painting workshop said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

The other side of Frankly Its kute said...

Thank you! I love sharing I hope you come back to see what else I am up too!