Monday, November 15, 2010

What I am Working on for Monday, box Christmas Tree Ornaments




For this Monday I am still working on Ornaments for the tree but a bit different; when I was a young girl Santa Claus would bring jewelry for us girls and stick on the tree in small decorative boxes and so I thought I would shard this idea with you.

What you will need are some cute paper boxes that can be bought a any craft store; I just happened to find a couple of stars and an oval box so it can be whatever you would like to do up for the tree.

I am decoupaging the boxes with some neat looking scrap book paper and choose a type of news print but you can use old wrapping paper or some other scrap book paper that you prefer. So I am tearing the paper and dipping it into the Hodge Podge that I have thinned just a little; about a teaspoon of water was added and I have formed the strips of paper over the boxes letting them dry quite well over night.

Then I got out my wood stain and rubbed it on the boxes so that they will look old and of course aged. I don't have the pictures of me using a hole punch for the tops so the I can pull the ribbon I will be using through to tie onto the Christmas tree when it comes time.
In each box add either some cotton for foam and place ear rings, rings or other trinkets into the box and add a small tag with the person's name so that they can find their gift on the tree at Christmas time. I forgot to mention I also added a bit of glue glitter to the boxes let that dry then add the stain and wipe of with an old rag.

No comments: