Saturday, March 19, 2011

Doing up Another of My Favorite chicken Pie Recipes



Once again I made up my favorite chicken pot pie but I did a little different this time around; I used 3 cans of canned chicken, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, spinach, packaged American cheese, 1 egg, 1 cup of milk and Bisquick baking mix also add salt, pepper and some celery salt for taste.
In a large bowl add the the chicken un-drained, soup, and package of instant potatoes, in this case I used extra buttery and creamy. Mix it all well together, you may have add a little water to thin it just a tiny bit, now add the fresh spinach that you can buy in a bag this is and works the best I think and mix well again this mixture should be thick enough just to spoon in and spread. I love using my large cast iron skillet for this but any baking dish will work; once you have those items mixed thoroughly then spread into a well greased skillet or baking dish. Then add the American cheese on top. You last step is to add 2 cups of Bisquick making mix to a small bowl, the egg and milk, about one cup or a little more than one cup, you want the batter to be thin enough to cover all the items and make a crust on top, so start with a cup of milk and add a little more if its not just pouring over all the ingredients. Bake this until the crust is done on top and turns a light golden brown color about 35 min at 350.



.

No comments: