Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Recipe! What to do with left over Cabbage


A few days ago I had some left over cabbage and I was trying to figure out what to do with it because in my family cabbage is not a favorite food.
So I had some stewing meat about 2 1/2 pounds, some spinach, onion, instant rice, and cream of mushroom soup.
I began by tossing in about a table spoon of butter and letting it melt and coat the frying pan; then I added the cubed meat and browned it.
After it was browned I added the onion, cabbage and spinach and let it cook a little (stirring it often). Next I added 2 cups of water and the instant rice or you could just cook the rice separate in a sauce pan, I used 2 to 2 1/2 cups of rice. Then when the rice is done add it to the meat, cabbage,onion, spinach. In a separate bowl add the can of mushroom soup and 1 cup of water or add enough water to thin the soup out and mix with all the items in the skillet and let simmer about 15 minutes. This comes out tasting really good more so if you are a person not too keen on cabbage, I can get my husband and son to eat cabbage and spinach this way.

1 comment:

UniqueNique said...

Good idea! Glad it came out well