Monday, January 26, 2009

My Polar Bear needs Surgry





These last few days have not gone as well, as one would expect. Sunday is when I first noticed Polar Bear's ear was not standing up. So I took a closer look and it was all stolen and flopped over, I went to touch it and Polar let out a yelp. I almost hit the floor, fainting for some reason I can't take it when my animals get hurt, don't ask why I just get to sweating and dizzy along with turning green.
So I asked my husband to take a look at it....
He decided that he would use a needle and drain the ear, he made sure to clean and add some antibiotic ointment to the ear. While I was still right... THERE!

Well to say the least I had to leave the room, he did get some of the blood fluid out but it was still infected badly.
This morning I ran Polar Bear to the vet and he has to have surgery on Wend, I did get the talk about him being an old dog and the risks, I really tried not to cry. Because after it is all done his ear will no longer stand up, and hearing the risks just made me cry. I think it might have been a little of the menopause causing some of the problem and I have been doing a lot of crying this week over other strange things like the fact I could not solve this math problem for my class 3/4=1-3x/x+1 I spent an entire hour crying over how I could not solve it. I just hate menopause....
Still I am quite worried over my baby dog Polar Bear we have been through so much together, fire, the accident, kid problems, he just seems to know all my woes and always comes and comforts me no matter what, he is also the only male in my troop of animals so that just makes him a little extra special because he puts up with 2 human females and 4 animal females and yet is a very calm dog with an happy go lucky personality.

Well I goofed this up this morning writing this so I went back through and corrected a few things.


No comments: