Monday, April 7, 2008

Spot Light On One Of My Favorite Folk Art Quilts, "What Dogs Love"


This wonderful wall hanging quilt is one of my most favorite quilts! I am such a dog lover and I have 3 dogs! So thought do a quilt about things dogs love.
I used all kinds of fabrics when I did this quilt, I wanted color to tell the tale. In the first picture the doggy is howling at the moon or is he howling about finding a kitty to chase? The second scene is going for that walk. Sometimes I wonder who really walks who, as this scene shows. What does every dog dream about the big bone for a treat and napping as much as possible.
Would you believe I won 3rd in the fair with this wall hanging quilt. The quilt is back with some plaid flannel.
The quilt was made by wacking out the pieces and I used all kinds of stitching in the quilt, along with some buttons. I love this form of quilting because I can sit down draw out idea and begin cutting fabric to tell a cute story. The fabrics I image them as my paints and I know there is no limit to quilting this way.

No comments: