Tuesday, October 15, 2013

More Halloween Crafting going in my Home, Paper Mache' Cone Witches!




EEK!  These frightful witches are ready for Halloween!
I just had to use my imagination when I found these 6 inch cone paper mache' items.  I have even named these 3 ghoulish witches! They are Ada, Adair and Aglea!
First I painted the cones with a mixture of 2 different green acrylic paints to get the color I wanted; then I added just some simple but scary faces.  Next I decided to decorate the cones with scrap book Halloween paper and make look like each witch was wearing a different style of dress.  On Ada who is in the middle I even rumbled up the paper to make appear as a wrinkled dress.  I used 2 types of glue, hot and E600 for more sturdy hold.  I used black craft foam for their hats and yarn for hair, which I just wrapped on 2 fingers then knotted the yarn and glued on each cone.  I also had some great black glitter craft foam, buttons of various kinds, scrap book dimensional stickers and black beads.  For their hands I used thin wire and felt and a little bit of ribbon and fabric to finish off their look!
Tomorrow I will working on some dolls and I need to get busy crafting some cute turkeys and snowmen!
I can't believe how fast Halloween is approaching!   This year too I plan seeing the talking tombstones and filming again but I think I post the video on my YouTube channel.  I have also added a small new recipe using my canned peaches and making smoothies and I will have a white bean stew ready soon!  Hope you all are having a wonderful day!!

No comments: