Thursday, September 5, 2013

Meet Gytha the Enchantress a 27 inch Rag Cloth Doll

Gytha  would rather be call Enchantress rather than just a plain old witch!  I created this enchantress a while back but  a few days ago I decided she needed to come out and be noticed again.  The doll is made from robe velour and filled with fiber fill.  
I have added cat green safety eyes and put a dab of white acrylic paint on the cat eyes, the mouth is a heart shaped button and I have also painted her mouth, eye lashes, eye brows, freckles on using acrylic paints.  I have also made some the lashes from some thick wire thread that I had laying about.  The hair is a yellow/ green tint that is a wool/ cotton blend of yarn and I did hand sew the yarn into the head of the doll using quilting thread.  
The legs of the doll are a Halloween cotton fabric, the outfit is made from black fleece. 
I think this was one of my most favorite Enchantresses to make; my feeling its about time that I do another one.  The next one I think I will do in Osnaburg and stain her.  
I have been busying with a huge crafting fever!  Right now I am working on another Halloween quilt and a Frankenstein  rag cloth doll and I might come up with a Mrs Frankenstein doll.  It's about time I got cracking and start crafting some more new ideas.
Friday Sept 20th be on the look out because I plan on doing a give away I think its about time for another give away!


No comments: