Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Yet Another Wall Hanging Quilt created with a Picture of my Fennel Bush

Good evening to all! its a another pretty day on the coast! Today I finished another wall hanging quilt and this my very own design.  I had some wonderful green fat quarters, some cotton novelty fabric, buttons, quilting batting and a photo that I took of my Fennel bush!
Oh how I love this bush! it smells wonderful and I can make homemade Fennel tea with it.  The bush also brings all kinds bees and other bugs to it I even once had a humming have a go at it.
The photo has different overlays on which I have used my smart photo editor to get this look and I printed the photo onto muslin.  The quilt design was just done by hand so I can't make a duplicate!
I did some fancy folding and shaping the green fabric to get the look it has and I added the buttons, sewing them on by hand and sewing with cotton thread on the sewing machine the quilt is 17 X 17.
You may ask what I am trying to do? well I trying hard to come up with one of kind designs created by me and I am hoping one day the quilts will really stand up and be noticed and I really hope people will like them!  The quilt also has a smaller picture and I used the green and attached it to the main quilt before adding the batting and backing.  The last little thing is recycling pop can tabs  for hanging the quilt.
I really like how it turned and I be adding it to the Etsy store It's Just Frankly Kute.
I am working hard on 2 new quilts and I have designed a witch pattern for a witch of course! and some silly black cats.
Hoping you all have a great evening
pamela

No comments: