Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fourth of July Painted Plates


I thought I better get busy and create some things for the up coming holidays, so I did some plate painting with acrylic oil based paints that come as markers and I just love them. One can find them in any art store or a Jo Ann's. I bought mine in the local art store and love them lots.
It's a way I can show off my drawing ability each plate is original in that I just draw the picture free hand and I use no patterns.
This first one came out so cute I thought, a little boy and his wounded dog are playing the Yankee Doodle song. You can't eat on this plates they are only for decor and need to be cleaned only with a dry towel. I have sealed them by baking them in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 min.
The second plate is with a little angel and her dog and I borrowed a famous quote from Robert Frost.
Both plates are in my Etsy store; here is the link http://www.etsy.com/shop/pamelastocker1?ref=si_shop
Both plates are $10.00 and shipping is $6.00 in the United States
Now I have to get busy and do something for Father's Day! that is in just a few days so I am headed back to the plates and painting.