Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Yummy Healthy Recipe for a Treat that is not Fattening



These look yummy and fattening but they are not! Instead these bars are low fat and have only 20 carbs.
What you will need:
1 1/2 cup of sugar free maple syrup
1 cup of of low fat peanut butter
3 cups of Grape Nuts Cereal
Heat the peanut butter and syrup on the stove over low heat until it mixes together and the peanut butter is melted and mixture is bubbly. Pour the 3 cups of Grape Nuts in a large mixing bowl and add the peanut butter mixture gradually mixing well and quickly, add to a 9x11 greased pan and press the cereal mixture slightly with a large spoon into the pan. Now place in refrigerator to cool. It turns out to be a very sweet treat but is healthy for you.

1 comment:

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Hey, I think I am going to give this a try. I will use almond butter because I don't eat peanut butter...I bet they will be quite yummy :D I follow a vegan diet and I am always looking for healthy snacks.
Kim