Monday, February 27, 2012

A Rag Cloth Doll Cat, What I am working on Monday


I designed a really cute 12 inch cat by making a really simple pattern. I then cut out body pieces using muslin. Next I created my favorite stain a bit of coffee, vanilla and cinnamon, I brushed the stain onto the fabric and baked it in the oven until the fabric was dry.
I then added some brown stripes and facial features, painting them on free hand. The body pieces were attached by hand sewing them on with cotton thread. The dress is my own design and I used some homespun fabric for the dress and pantaloons. I did a bit of gathering at the neck line of the dress, using a cotton thread. The bottom of the dress is hemmed but I left the sleeves alone because I wanted the dress to look a bit tattered. I decided to tie a bow around the head for a cute head band. The doll is filled with fiber fill and the paints I used were an oil based acrylic. I will be adding her to my Etsy store shortly.

No comments: