Thursday, September 1, 2011

What I am Working on for Thursday Sept 1, 2011





Well I just could not stand it! I had to get spooky yesterday so I designed this little wall decor for the Halloween holidays. Plus it gives me a chance to keep up on my cartooning.
So the design is original, I thought it up of course and I used acrylic paints for the scene and on the wood I sanded it, drilled some holes for the twine then I used my oil pastels on the wood and did some rubbing the oils into the grain of wood. I have to mention it was a dream of someday getting syndicated with my cartooning but I have not been able to get local newspapers here on the coast interested in me, in Montana the owner of the paper there really liked my political cartoons on local government issues. So I came up with this idea, I am hoping people will like it.
Secondly I have another small whacked out quilt going, as you can see all the pieces are cut out and I am laying out the scene I want. The story is is a simple one with all the black, gray, and browns, it is fall time nearing winter and the sheep are laying about trying to keep warm from the cool fall weather. I am using cotton quilting fabrics, but for the sheep I am using an off white fake fur.


No comments: