Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh My, Working with Oil Pastels and Acrylic Paints, on Different Kinds of Fabrics


I have been having a blast with my oil pastels, I have created two new witches and used the oil pastels for the facial features. In the picture below I have used Onsburg in the photo above its muslin. In using the Onsburg; I have first stained the fabric with instant coffee and used a blow dyer then worked the oil pastels into the fabric. I also used some acrylic paints for the eye brows and lashes. The top picture is just oil pastels blend for a very soft look to this witch.
In this photo I have cut off the legs of some grey fabric and I am making a primitive mouse that will have a pumpkin and have stain the fabric with instant coffee but I also have used a walnut spay to make the mouse even more grubby and rubbed a tiny bit of cinnamon into the fabric, so this mouse is getting a workout!
I am also using oil pastels to create the eyes and nose and some black acrylic paint for the lashes. I have finished the dolls above and I am now working on the mouse. You can see the complete dolls here http://www.etsy.com/shop/49pamela?ref=si_shop I have also blogged about one of the dolls at It's Just Krazy Kute Productions
It has been fun working and designing my newest creations, and I love the effect oil pastels can create on fabric.

No comments: