Thursday, April 24, 2008

What's Been Created Lately on My Sewing Machine


This sweet little Americana cloth doll was all my original design, I designed the pattern to create her. This is Mazzel. The other day while watching the 3 stooges I took a pencil and some paper and drew out this doll.
The next step was to create a pattern, I cut out the pattern and pinned it to some muslin. I then cut out the doll!
I used small black beads for eyes and painted the lashes in black, the hair is a rich dark red yarn and I used quilting thread to sew her hair to the head and the nose is done with embroidery floss. She is filled with fiber fill.
The out fit is very simple....
I just cut out a 20 inch piece of fabric on the fold and gathered it, the bloomers are just 2 cut out squares that have been sewn and gathered. The hat is a round piece of fabric that I gathered with a zigzag stitch. You can find her in my store under new items now at my store http://www.franklyitskuteproductions.com You can get the finished doll or a pattern and instructions to do this very cute Americana rag cloth doll. This is just one of the many things I have been working on and creating.

No comments: