Monday, April 21, 2008

Two of My Favorites....


Hi everyone! I wanted to share 2 of my older creations that were favorites of mine a fabric bowl and another paper doll. Both were so much fun to create! Its amazing what you can do with a sheet and some card stock! So here they are...
This was one of my favorite fabric bowls I did up. I went and bought a king size second hand sheet, washed it. It was now ready to first make a fabric bowl first, by tearing strips and wrapping them around cotton clothes lines and sewing together with a zigzag stitch. There was enough sheet left over to crochet a small doily for it using the sheet and 3/4 crochet hook. The sheet was an interesting color and it really came out quite interesting.


This paper doll was so much to create! I used some card stock for the doll and sealed it and added Velcro so that the dresses would attach easily. Her clothing is also some great card stock and I have added some embellishments on the dresses. Then I created cute carry and store the paper doll house. The paints that I used for everything was acrylics. She just came very sweet and I felt there was much imagination to be had with this paper doll. You can find both these items in my storehttp://www.franklyitskuteproductions.com/
The CONTEST is still on! This contest requires a thinking cap, but the pattern you can win is a very simple but vintage cloth doll pattern. So give it a try and see if you can solve the riddle.

No comments: