Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Today Working on 3 Different Projects That are Simple and Fun


Today I have been working on 3 different items for my store different in that 2 are painted plates and the other is a wooden sign for Halloween decor. I am painting on each of these my very own designs or ideas all done free hand with no patterns.
At the top is the small wooden sign for Halloween decor I have used some wonderful graphics from the Graphics Fairy at http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ What I did was to paint a scene around the the graphics I have printed up. Next I will stain and sand the whole thing for a old aged look, I am not sure yet if I will use a walnut stain or a lighter stain, I may use my oil based stain and just rub it onto the wood. I am painting with acrylics that have an oil base and just love them.
The second photo is a small clear plate with snowmen on them and a cute quote about snowmen. I again just began painting free hand to just a small thought in my head and I am using acrylics and will seal the plate, the plates I create are for decor not for eating on or from.
The last photo is an 11 inch plate and the verses are taken from conference's from the LDS chruch. I loved the talk that was given I thought it would be neat to share with all women.
Each project is fairly simple to do and they did take an entire afternoon, although I am not quite finished with them. Soon I will have them in the Etsy store to purchase and I will share that.
I wanted to mention that I did a pet adoption about one week ago I have just fallen in love with our new addition Popeye, who has only one eye but is so very special. Popeye is a little male Jap/Chin and is 5 years old, he did have 2 other brothers who I hope will get adopted soon. If I could I would have adopted them also but I have Oreo, Daisy and Marvin and now Popeye!

1 comment:

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Looks like you have been painting up a storm!! Everything looks sooo cute!! love your puppy pic!!