Monday, April 9, 2012

Crocheting again with No Patterns a small Purse and Wrap

First off I hope everyone had a very nice Easter! This year I did no cooking but had brunch out at a wonderful cafe called the Wet Dog.  Now onto what I have been working on, I have been crocheting again using no patterns or instructions and I have created a few things that I wanted to share.  First I created this cute little purse and wrap for a young lady.  I used an J 6.00 hook and did a double and single stitch for both the purse and the wrap.  When I finished them I added some fringe which is knotted and tied in by hand. 
The Second photo is another purse but it is larger and made with a sheet and a J 6.00 hook.  I tore strips of sheet and knotted them together to form a ball like a ball of yarn and began crocheting.  I used just a double stitch for this hand bag.  After I finished crocheting I added some buttons that are hand sewn on and strips of a lace curtain and the rest of the sheet which gave it a neat look I think.   Both items are in my Etsy store now.  Both projects took about 3 days for me complete using no patterns or directions, so both are one of kind in that I doubt I could redo the same look but that's the way I love to crochet, never knowing how it might come out and that each as a look of it's own.
 

No comments: