Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Little Old chicken Maiden, a 15 inch primitive rag cloth doll





Well did I have fun creating this primitive rag cloth doll; this is Little Old Chicken Maiden. She is 15 inches long and has been stained with my own personal stain, but I have also rubbed some cinnamon into her. I made her from muslin and filled her with fiber fill, and oh yes the pattern is my own design from which I can create all kinds of different dolls from this single pattern. I have also taken some light weigh sand paper to her to help with that aging process.



Her clothing is cotton fabrics, I have also stained them, did notice the shirt? I had this cute fabric left over and it just made a very cute shirt for her and the design, helped me name her. The chicken she is holding is also muslin and stained and its legs are from my very own bamboo tree in my back yard. I am still busy creating and making items for my art fire store; I hope you will come and visit and see all the new things I have been making, some things will be familiar and there are items in my store that I have not talked about so come on in and see what all is new ( I have not added the doll above as of yet but in a few days I will be)
http://www.artfire.com/users/49stocker

No comments: